- Vantel Pearls Oyster Bar ~ Open House, Wednesday, August 17th 6:00- 9:00 pm at Grapes and Tastes. How does this work? 1. Choose and pay for an item from the catalog. 2. Pick an oyster and open it. 3. Reveal your unique pearl. Your pearl will be set in your jewelry. For more information call Peggy at 262-993-6314.
- 3rd Thursday FREE Beer Tasting, Thursday, August 18th 6:00 – 9:00 pm at Grapes and Tastes. The theme for this month is “light and fruity”. As usual we will have some of our Wisconsin food products out for snacks. See you Thursday!
FREE Second Saturday Tasting – “Summertime Meads” Saturday, August 13th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Have you wanted to try mead, but didn’t want to buy a whole bottle and find out it wasn’t what you expected? Here is your chance to taste a variety of meads, some sweet and some dry. Mead is the oldest fermented beverage and is a honey wine. Don’t let the “honey” fool you as we said some are dry and not sweet. We will have a variety of snacks out during the tasting.
- FREE 3rd Thursday Beer Tasting – Thursday, July 21st 6-9 pm – Back by popular demand – Customers Choice – The first 6 customers get to choose a beer that they would like to taste (1 each for the first 6 customers). We will also have snacks out as usual.
- North Shore Assembly’s Fine Arts Students Fundraiser – Thursday, July 28th 6:30 – 9:00 pm – LIVE MUSIC – this fundraiser is to help get them to nationals in Louisville, Kentucky – a portion of purchases will be donated.
- FREE 2nd Saturday “All American Wine and Spirits Tasting” Saturday, July 9th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Join us for tasting of All American wines and spirits – We will have Wisconsin food products for snacks and discounts on all wines tasted. Also, our new artist will be here – Shane McAdams – See below -
My work is about landscape in the broadest sense of that loaded term. I grew up in the desert southwest, often surrounded by a horizon interrupted only occassionally by sandstone outcroppings. As a child I was visually taken by this sculpted topography, amazed whenI I learned that the layered strata of rock had been fashioned by years of water and wind.
My first creative interventions with the environment were crude: I pulverized sandstone blocks with a hammer, dug into cliff faces for minerals, and dredged the mineral-rich sand with magnets for iron filings that I let cure into solid patties of iron oxide inside my father’s dip tobacco tins.
That land has continued to be a touchstone in my work, both as a symbol of process and as a source of content. I continue to be taken by how the incremental effects of time can create something more structured and unique than what I can make by hand. It’s an ongoing reminder of human limitation in the face of the profound and sublime power of the physical universe.
My work considers how process and image converge and how those elements shape ideas about what is natural and artificial; what looks like nature what is nature. I engage these ideas by forcing materials to take on unexpected compositional roles. Elmer’s glue, correction fluid, ballpoint pen ink and resin and stretch function as natural elements shaped by universal agents, that are further complicated by their merging with more familiar elements and examples of landscape.
- Essential Oils 101 – Wednesday, July 13th 6:00 pm – Are you curious about Essential Oils and what they are all about? Come join us at Grapes and Tastes in Cedarburg for a free workshop on “The Everyday Uses & 101 of Essential Oils”. We will explore what essential oils are, how they work, how they can enhance one’s health, and oil safely. Participants will be able to sample over a dozen different oils and learn some helpful tips at the same time. A demonstration on how to make easy home-made, non-toxic toothpaste will also be conducted. Class will be taught by Starla Batzko from the Random Oilers. Bring your curiosity and leave with exciting new information. Free informational handouts will be provided. Please call 920-747-0288 for more information.
Strawberry Festival Specials – Saturday, June 25th & Sunday, June 26th – Stop in at Grapes and Tastes and see us for all of our Strawberry specials and tastes – Saturday we will be open from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. We are normally closed on Sunday’s, but we will be open from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm on Sunday for all of you who would like some very special Strawberry wines. New this year is Orchard Country Strawberry Splash!
- FREE 3rd Thursday Beer Tasting – Thursday, June 16th – 6:oo pm until 9:00 pm – “Lawn Mower Beer – Tis the Season” – Come and join us for a tasting of beers that are refreshing for summertime – not just lawn mowing, but also for horseshoes, volleyball, fishing, etc. Cheers for a fun summertime!
- Father’s Day – Come in this week to find a wine, spirit, beer or cigars for your special Father – also check out our really cute hand crafted fabric shirt and tie wine bags for only $4.00 each – May fit some of the spirits as well. We will be closed on Father’s Day (normally closed on Sundays).
FREE Second Saturday Wine Tasting – “Old Vines vs. New Vines” – Saturday, June 11th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Join us at Grapes and Tastes for a FREE wine tasting featuring old vines vs. new vines. We will have wines for you to sample and explore, new and old. We will have foods out for tasting of the Wisconsin Cheese and Sausages that we carry. Special Pricing on all wines tasted if purchased at this tasting.
- Cardwell Hill Wine Tasting – Dan Chapel will be here from Cardwell Hill in Willamette Valley, Oregon – Known for his award winning Pinot Gris and Pinot Noirs- $10 per person for the tasting/Wine Club members $5 per person. We had a wonderful welcome to Dan Chapel back in the fall of last year. Come see him for the first time or for a repeat performance! Dan’s wines are awesome! Join us for a wonderful evening. 7:00 pm on Wednesday, May 18th! We will be offering special pricing on the wines that night.
- FREE Third Thursday Beer Tasting – Featuring Pilseners – Come for this fabulous FREE Beer Tasting from 6:00 – 9:00 pm Thursday, May 19th! We will have
- Please come and enjoy our special FREE tasting on Saturday, May 14th for “Taste The Roses” – we will feature Rose wines, both dry and somewhat sweet. We will also have special pricing for all of these wines. We will have snacks out including some of our meats and cheeses. We will also be featuring a new artist on the wall – Chris Behrs with beautiful sunrise and sunset art. See you then!!
- Saturday, May 7th – Nativity Fund Fundraiser – Kentucky Derby, 4:00 pm at Rose-Harms American Legion Post 355, 1540 13th Avenue, Grafton – Enjoy Dan’s Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich $30 per person includes 1 mint julep – 100% is for the Nativity Fund – Cash Bar – Sandwiches served starting at 4:30 pm – Dessert by Kindra – 50/50 Raffle – Tickets sold in advance at Grapes and Tastes – RSVP Requested – 262-744-0188 (Sherrie) or 262-707-1231 (Dan)
- Second Saturday, Saturday, May 14th – FREE Wine Tasting – 3:00 – 5:00 pm – More Information to follow
- Third Thursday, Thursday, May 19th – FREE Beer Tasting – 6:00 – 9:00 pm – More Information to follow
- Scentsy Art Party – Sunday, May 22nd – 1:00 pm – Join us for a unique coloring experience! Choose from either the Reimagine or the DIY Calavera warmer. Bring your own permanent markers if you have them otherwise I will have some on hand for you to use. The cost of the event will be $40 for the Reimagine warmer and $50 for the DIY Calavera. Your event registration includes the warmer, markers if you need them, a free bar of wax, door prizes and a goodie bag! In order to ensure your spot you MUST RSVP and provide payment no later than May 7th so that I can place the order and receive it in time for the event! I can take cash, check or credit card.
Contact: Christy Stephany
Order by Date: May 7
Call/text at 414-803-0937 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org