We will have food out – our Wisconsin cheeses and sausages and a discount on the wines for the tasting. Stay and join us for a glass of wine from the tasting!
If you haven’t already seen the wonderful art on our wall at last months tasting, come see the art and meet the artists – Tonie Dunst and Betsy Dunst (sisters that are in our wine of the month club)!
- 2nd Saturday FREE Wine Tasting – “Location, Location, Location”, Saturday September 10th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – We will have 4 different varietals with 2 locations each, showing how different wines can be when from different parts of the world. We will have specials on all wines tasted. We will also have Wisconsin Cheeses and Sausage for snacks. We will have new art on our walls from Great Grapes Club Members, sisters Antoinette Dunst and Betsy Dunst, come and see their beautiful art.
- 3rd Thursday FREE Beer Tasting - ”To Be Announced”, Thursday, September 15th 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- Vantel Pearls Oyster Bar ~ Open House, Wednesday, August 17th 6:00- 9:00 pm at Grapes and Tastes. How does this work? 1. Choose and pay for an item from the catalog. 2. Pick an oyster and open it. 3. Reveal your unique pearl. Your pearl will be set in your jewelry. For more information call Peggy at 262-993-6314.
- 3rd Thursday FREE Beer Tasting, Thursday, August 18th 6:00 – 9:00 pm at Grapes and Tastes. The theme for this month is “light and fruity”. As usual we will have some of our Wisconsin food products out for snacks. See you Thursday!
FREE Second Saturday Tasting – “Summertime Meads” Saturday, August 13th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Have you wanted to try mead, but didn’t want to buy a whole bottle and find out it wasn’t what you expected? Here is your chance to taste a variety of meads, some sweet and some dry. Mead is the oldest fermented beverage and is a honey wine. Don’t let the “honey” fool you as we said some are dry and not sweet. We will have a variety of snacks out during the tasting.
- FREE 3rd Thursday Beer Tasting – Thursday, July 21st 6-9 pm – Back by popular demand – Customers Choice – The first 6 customers get to choose a beer that they would like to taste (1 each for the first 6 customers). We will also have snacks out as usual.
- North Shore Assembly’s Fine Arts Students Fundraiser – Thursday, July 28th 6:30 – 9:00 pm – LIVE MUSIC – this fundraiser is to help get them to nationals in Louisville, Kentucky – a portion of purchases will be donated.
- FREE 2nd Saturday “All American Wine and Spirits Tasting” Saturday, July 9th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Join us for tasting of All American wines and spirits – We will have Wisconsin food products for snacks and discounts on all wines tasted. Also, our new artist will be here – Shane McAdams – See below -
My work is about landscape in the broadest sense of that loaded term. I grew up in the desert southwest, often surrounded by a horizon interrupted only occassionally by sandstone outcroppings. As a child I was visually taken by this sculpted topography, amazed whenI I learned that the layered strata of rock had been fashioned by years of water and wind.
My first creative interventions with the environment were crude: I pulverized sandstone blocks with a hammer, dug into cliff faces for minerals, and dredged the mineral-rich sand with magnets for iron filings that I let cure into solid patties of iron oxide inside my father’s dip tobacco tins.
That land has continued to be a touchstone in my work, both as a symbol of process and as a source of content. I continue to be taken by how the incremental effects of time can create something more structured and unique than what I can make by hand. It’s an ongoing reminder of human limitation in the face of the profound and sublime power of the physical universe.
My work considers how process and image converge and how those elements shape ideas about what is natural and artificial; what looks like nature what is nature. I engage these ideas by forcing materials to take on unexpected compositional roles. Elmer’s glue, correction fluid, ballpoint pen ink and resin and stretch function as natural elements shaped by universal agents, that are further complicated by their merging with more familiar elements and examples of landscape.
- Essential Oils 101 – Wednesday, July 13th 6:00 pm – Are you curious about Essential Oils and what they are all about? Come join us at Grapes and Tastes in Cedarburg for a free workshop on “The Everyday Uses & 101 of Essential Oils”. We will explore what essential oils are, how they work, how they can enhance one’s health, and oil safely. Participants will be able to sample over a dozen different oils and learn some helpful tips at the same time. A demonstration on how to make easy home-made, non-toxic toothpaste will also be conducted. Class will be taught by Starla Batzko from the Random Oilers. Bring your curiosity and leave with exciting new information. Free informational handouts will be provided. Please call 920-747-0288 for more information.
Strawberry Festival Specials – Saturday, June 25th & Sunday, June 26th – Stop in at Grapes and Tastes and see us for all of our Strawberry specials and tastes – Saturday we will be open from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. We are normally closed on Sunday’s, but we will be open from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm on Sunday for all of you who would like some very special Strawberry wines. New this year is Orchard Country Strawberry Splash!
- FREE 3rd Thursday Beer Tasting – Thursday, June 16th – 6:oo pm until 9:00 pm – “Lawn Mower Beer – Tis the Season” – Come and join us for a tasting of beers that are refreshing for summertime – not just lawn mowing, but also for horseshoes, volleyball, fishing, etc. Cheers for a fun summertime!
- Father’s Day – Come in this week to find a wine, spirit, beer or cigars for your special Father – also check out our really cute hand crafted fabric shirt and tie wine bags for only $4.00 each – May fit some of the spirits as well. We will be closed on Father’s Day (normally closed on Sundays).
FREE Second Saturday Wine Tasting – “Old Vines vs. New Vines” – Saturday, June 11th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Join us at Grapes and Tastes for a FREE wine tasting featuring old vines vs. new vines. We will have wines for you to sample and explore, new and old. We will have foods out for tasting of the Wisconsin Cheese and Sausages that we carry. Special Pricing on all wines tasted if purchased at this tasting.