FREE 2nd Saturday Wine Tasting – Saturday, November 12th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – “Thanksgiving Wines” – Come sample wines that will be perfect for your Thanksgiving feast. As always we will have discounts on the wines tasted and we will have plenty of snacks out to enjoy. We will also be featuring our new artist – Ellie – her art has been here once before, last year at Christmas time and she had many sales of her art. We are happy to have her back and for you to see some of her newest art!
FREE 3rd Thursday Beer Tasting – Thursday, November 17th 6:00 – 9:00 pm – The Fermentorium – Cedarburg’s newest brewery will be here for us to sample their newly bottled beers and maybe some other surprises. Kristopher Volkmann, owner of the Fermentorium can answer any questions that you may have. We are excited to team up with them and to carry their beers here. We will have free munchies during the tasting.
For those of you who do not know, this is a cause near and dear to Dan & I. Dan started delivering small nativity scenes to nursing home residents to remind them of the true meaning of Christmas 18 years ago. It has grown and now we deliver approximately 3,000 to residents in Ozaukee, Washington, Sheboygan, Waukesha and Milwaukee counties.
We have our fundraiser this Saturday, November 5th from 3:00 – 9:00 pm at the Rose-Harms American Legion Post 355 (1540 13th Avenue – Grafton). We will have a silent auction which will close at 7:30 pm and a Chinese Raffle which will close at 8:30 pm. Need not be present to win. We will also have light appetizers there as well. 100% of all money raised goes directly to the purchase of the nativities.
We will have food out – our Wisconsin cheeses and sausages and a discount on the wines for the tasting. Stay and join us for a glass of wine from the tasting!
If you haven’t already seen the wonderful art on our wall at last months tasting, come see the art and meet the artists – Tonie Dunst and Betsy Dunst (sisters that are in our wine of the month club)!
- 2nd Saturday FREE Wine Tasting – “Location, Location, Location”, Saturday September 10th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – We will have 4 different varietals with 2 locations each, showing how different wines can be when from different parts of the world. We will have specials on all wines tasted. We will also have Wisconsin Cheeses and Sausage for snacks. We will have new art on our walls from Great Grapes Club Members, sisters Antoinette Dunst and Betsy Dunst, come and see their beautiful art.
- 3rd Thursday FREE Beer Tasting - ”To Be Announced”, Thursday, September 15th 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- Vantel Pearls Oyster Bar ~ Open House, Wednesday, August 17th 6:00- 9:00 pm at Grapes and Tastes. How does this work? 1. Choose and pay for an item from the catalog. 2. Pick an oyster and open it. 3. Reveal your unique pearl. Your pearl will be set in your jewelry. For more information call Peggy at 262-993-6314.
- 3rd Thursday FREE Beer Tasting, Thursday, August 18th 6:00 – 9:00 pm at Grapes and Tastes. The theme for this month is “light and fruity”. As usual we will have some of our Wisconsin food products out for snacks. See you Thursday!
FREE Second Saturday Tasting – “Summertime Meads” Saturday, August 13th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Have you wanted to try mead, but didn’t want to buy a whole bottle and find out it wasn’t what you expected? Here is your chance to taste a variety of meads, some sweet and some dry. Mead is the oldest fermented beverage and is a honey wine. Don’t let the “honey” fool you as we said some are dry and not sweet. We will have a variety of snacks out during the tasting.
- FREE 3rd Thursday Beer Tasting – Thursday, July 21st 6-9 pm – Back by popular demand – Customers Choice – The first 6 customers get to choose a beer that they would like to taste (1 each for the first 6 customers). We will also have snacks out as usual.
- North Shore Assembly’s Fine Arts Students Fundraiser – Thursday, July 28th 6:30 – 9:00 pm – LIVE MUSIC – this fundraiser is to help get them to nationals in Louisville, Kentucky – a portion of purchases will be donated.
- FREE 2nd Saturday “All American Wine and Spirits Tasting” Saturday, July 9th 3:00 – 5:00 pm – Join us for tasting of All American wines and spirits – We will have Wisconsin food products for snacks and discounts on all wines tasted. Also, our new artist will be here – Shane McAdams – See below -
My work is about landscape in the broadest sense of that loaded term. I grew up in the desert southwest, often surrounded by a horizon interrupted only occassionally by sandstone outcroppings. As a child I was visually taken by this sculpted topography, amazed whenI I learned that the layered strata of rock had been fashioned by years of water and wind.
My first creative interventions with the environment were crude: I pulverized sandstone blocks with a hammer, dug into cliff faces for minerals, and dredged the mineral-rich sand with magnets for iron filings that I let cure into solid patties of iron oxide inside my father’s dip tobacco tins.
That land has continued to be a touchstone in my work, both as a symbol of process and as a source of content. I continue to be taken by how the incremental effects of time can create something more structured and unique than what I can make by hand. It’s an ongoing reminder of human limitation in the face of the profound and sublime power of the physical universe.
My work considers how process and image converge and how those elements shape ideas about what is natural and artificial; what looks like nature what is nature. I engage these ideas by forcing materials to take on unexpected compositional roles. Elmer’s glue, correction fluid, ballpoint pen ink and resin and stretch function as natural elements shaped by universal agents, that are further complicated by their merging with more familiar elements and examples of landscape.
- Essential Oils 101 – Wednesday, July 13th 6:00 pm – Are you curious about Essential Oils and what they are all about? Come join us at Grapes and Tastes in Cedarburg for a free workshop on “The Everyday Uses & 101 of Essential Oils”. We will explore what essential oils are, how they work, how they can enhance one’s health, and oil safely. Participants will be able to sample over a dozen different oils and learn some helpful tips at the same time. A demonstration on how to make easy home-made, non-toxic toothpaste will also be conducted. Class will be taught by Starla Batzko from the Random Oilers. Bring your curiosity and leave with exciting new information. Free informational handouts will be provided. Please call 920-747-0288 for more information.
Strawberry Festival Specials – Saturday, June 25th & Sunday, June 26th – Stop in at Grapes and Tastes and see us for all of our Strawberry specials and tastes – Saturday we will be open from 11:00 am – 11:00 pm. We are normally closed on Sunday’s, but we will be open from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm on Sunday for all of you who would like some very special Strawberry wines. New this year is Orchard Country Strawberry Splash!